Monday, February 21, 2011

Harsh Words of Reality


I walk alone. I walk alone.

I see it out my window, stupid sunshine in these trees.
The birds and the bees are flying around in circles,
all it does is make me dizzy.

Butterflies are just over sized moths painted with refined sugar
which I can't even enjoy because my doctor wont let me eat it.

I walk alone. I walk alone.

Here comes the sun...
in a flaming inferno to give you skin cancer and global warming.

We all live in a yellow submarine.
Just a world of claustrophobia and underwater make believe.

So take off your rose colored Gucci sunglasses
and experience the hell you really live in.

8 comments:

  1. This was awesome. The title fits perfect with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Amazing.
    "So take off your rose colored "Gucci" sunglasses and experience the hell you really live in" that was very powerful. And the Gucci makes it very specific, stop living in your happy fantasy world that consists only of you and you're designer clothes and realize that there is a bigger world.
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting your cynicism come through in your writing. Stupid birds and bees..."all it does is make me dizzy."

    I like the Beatles references. I know I chose this as a top 5 post, but it really was one of my favorites so far. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short n' sweet, I really enjoyed your entry.

    I love the image of the sugar adorned butterfly, I can see it-- and almost taste it at the exact same time. Delicious. Evilly delicious.

    I like how your boulevard is unique and personally tailored to you, not a cliche, pre-made version of what you think we want to hear. It's your own. And it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! finally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! so good. i loved how you used things that other people usually see as happy and turned them into something annoying and dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha the butterfly line made me really hungry for some processed, pre-packaged, flash frozen butterfly. And it made me laugh. I got the Beatles references too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was phenomenal i thought! :) you really captured a part of reality. i loved the part

    "Butterflies are just over sized moths painted with refined sugar
    which I can't even enjoy because my doctor wont let me eat it."

    its very clever and i liked it! nice job!!

    ReplyDelete